Recruitment of Participants
King Jeongjo's Royal Parade
Recruitment of participation groups for the Citizen’s Parade Contest in "Joseon Baekseong Hwanhee Madang"
- Event Name
- The Citizen’s Parade Contest, “Joseon Baekseong Hwanhee Madang “ of 2019 King Jeongjo’s Royal Parade
- Introduction to the Event
< Joseon Baekseong Hwanhee Madang > is the Citizen’s Parade Contest that expresses the expectations and joy of the people of Joseon waiting for the king’s visit to Suwon before the 2019 King Jeongjo’s Royal Parade.
Various and exciting on-the-go performances such as Nongak (traditional music performed by farmers) , dances, and street plays are held in Suwon.
We are looking for groups, clubs, and organizations to join us in the opening event , < Joseon Baekseong Hwanhee Madang >, which will spice up the main event.
We look forward to the participation of our citizens who will bring the King Jeongjo’s Royal Parade to success.
- Date & Time
- Sunday, October 6, 2019, 12:00~16:00
- Jangan Park (the assembly point) → Janganmun Gate → Jangan Crossroads→ In front of the Haenggung Palace Square → The Office of Paldal-gu (the breakup place) (about 1.3km long / located in Suwon-si, Gyeonggi-do)
- Competition Categories
- All categories that are possible for on-the-go or on-the-spot performances such as music, dances and street plays.
- Areas to be judged
- The level of completeness of the parade (creativity, consistency, accuracy and on-site response ability), audience response, etc.
- Eligibility Requirements
- Groups, clubs, and organizations consisting of 15 or more people※ Regardless of nationality, place of residence, gender or age.
- Time required
- Approx. 25 minutes ※ On foot (There is an on-to-spot performance for 3 minutes in each of the 3 places on the route.
- Entry fee
- Preparation Requirements
- Things to prepare: Music for the parade (mp3 file), and costumes and props for performances
Document submission (August) → Proposal competition (early September) → Result announcement and orientation (in September) → The main contest (October)
※ A total of 30 teams will be selected first through the proposal competition. If there are less than 30 teams applied, All teams applied will participate in the main contest.
- Registration for Participation
Participant Registration periodMonday, August 12 ~ Sunday September 1, 2019
How to registerPlease send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
Document submission: Please download and complete the registration form, and send it with your e-mail message. (required)
Video Submission: Please attach your video file filmed for less than 3 minutes, the same as the parade. (required)
- Parade Awards
16 teams in total / KRW 23 million of the total prize amount
|The First Grand Award
||KRW 4 million per team
|The First Award
||KRW 3 million per team
|Award of Excellence
||KRW 2 million per team
||KRW 1 million per team
||KRW 500,000 per team
- Participant Privileges
Participation in “Joseon Baekseong Hwanhee Madang “ of 2019 King Jeongjo’s Royal Parade
Payment of the participation support fee: The amount of the payment may differ depending on the number of people per group.
※ KRW 500,000 will be paid to a team with 15 or more but less than 30 people. KRW 800,000 will be paid to a team with 30 people or more.
The confirmation of participation in the main contest will be issued upon request.
- If the applicant group exceeds 30 teams, the final team will be selected based on the pre-screening materials such as summited documents and video materials.
- The finalists must submit the sound recordings to be used for this contest within 3 days of the proposal competition result announcement date.
- The finalists (1 representative from each team) must attend the 1st orientation session and select the parade entry order.
- The orientation date is Friday, September 20, 2019, and the time and place will be announced later.
- The orientation date and time may be subject to change, depending on the circumstances of the organizer. If you fail to attend the orientation, you will be considered to have abandoned your participation.
- The finalists (two representatives from each team) must attend rehearsals and the 2nd orientation on the day of the event and be familiar with the rules of the parade.
- The 2nd orientation is Sunday, October 6, 2019, and the time and venue will be announced later. The date and time may be subject to change, depending on the situation on the day.
- If the finalists on the event day are smaller than the number listed on the entry form, it may be a factor in returning the grant and deducting the on-site reviews.
- There must be two banner bearers among the participants per team.
- The portrait rights and ownership of the photos and videos of the finalists will belong to Suwon Cultural Foundation.
- Organizers may use them for publicity and other operations without prior consent of the contest team, and the relevant organization may not dispute the portrait rights.
- Our own vehicles for parades cannot be used.
- Self-produced operating props can be used, but you must consult with Suwon Cultural Foundation in advance.
- Accidents and damages arising from the self-produced equipment and props, other than those provided by the foundation, are the sole responsibility of the relevant organization.
- There is no separate stage facility or microphone equipment within the parade routes except for the sound equipment for sound source transmission.
- Please note that additional installation is not possible for seamless operation of the main Royal Parade.
- Tourism Marketing Team, The Department of Tourism, Suwon Cultural Foundation (031-290-3682~3)
Management Office for the 2019 King Jeongjo Tomb Parade Reenactment
Seoul Office16-9, Yanghwa-ro 8-gil, Mapo-gu, Seoul 04044 /Tel 02-786-0610
Suwon Office11, Haenggung-ro, Paldal-gu, Suwon-si, Gyeonggi-do/Tel 031-290-3612~3
Hwaseong OfficeNojak-ro, Hwaseong, Gyeonggi-do, Republic of Korea 18459, Festival Promotion Team of Dongtan Cultural Complex Center/Tel 031-8015-8275
Office HoursMon-Fri 10:00~18:00